Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
- Application Form
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Accredited Master of Divinity degree or its educational equivalent. The educational equivalent is 75 hours of master’s-level work with 30 hours in Bible, Theology and/or Church History, including at least one completed master’s degree. (3.00 / 4.00 GPA*)
- 3 years full-time ministry experience subsequent to master’s degree
- Personal History Essay
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended sent to Admissions directly from the institutions
- Letter of congregational or institutional approval
- References from:
- A leading lay person in your present church
- Your immediate supervisor in ministerial appointment (e.g., your District Superintendent)
- Two colleagues
- A writing sample/research paper written within the last twelve months; criteria supplied.
- 5 Message Evaluation Cards from Community Members; Mail-back cards supplied.
- For applicants whose primary language is not English, a TOEFL score of 550 (79 internet-based) or an IELTS score of 7.
Personal History Essay:
- Share your life story and at what point you began your relationship with Jesus Christ. Talk about your growth since that time and what brings you to apply to Seminary at this season in your life. Include your thoughts on how you would like to see your faith grow during your time in Seminary. (350 to 500 words maximum)
- Please describe your ministry and vocational experience, including positions held and dates of service. (350 to 500 words maximum)
- Statement of Purpose – Describe briefly the reasons you are prompted to pursue study in the particular program area you have chosen and what you hope to gain through the program. Give specific goals, and personal or professional needs. (350 to 500 words maximum)
- (Optional) If you feel your cumulative grade point average or academic test scores do not adequately reflect your abilities to flourish at Asbury Seminary, please explain.
- (Optional) If you are married, describe your spouse’s attitudes toward your plans for seminary education and future ministry.
- Please attach a resume or CV.
Note: Web Access – Registration, course schedules, syllabi and much of the program’s communication is online
- File completion deadline for Summer cohorts: February 1. File completion deadline for January cohorts: October 1. Applications may be submitted online.
- Application deadline for Beeson Scholar (full-scholarship, summer only) consideration: October 1 of the year prior to beginning study. All application requirements must be completed by this date.