Associate Dean Beeson Center for Biblical Preaching and Church Leadership
Professor of Leadership Education
Professor of Leadership Development for Mission and Evangelism
- Leadership Formation
- Intercultural Leadership
- Organizational Leadership Theory
- B.A., (Pastoral Counseling) Southeastern College, 1987
- M.A., (Cert. Linguistics) Old Dominion University, 1988
- M.A., (Missiology) Regent University, School Divinity, 1988
- Ph.D., (Intercultural Communications) Regent University, School of Communication and the Arts 1997
In 2010, after 8 years as the Ira L. Gallaway endowed chair of Leadership Development in Asbury Seminary’s E. Stanley Jones School, West was appointed Associate Dean of the Beeson International Center for Biblical Preaching and Church Leadership. He is an organizational and leadership development consultant and coach for executive and emerging leaders. He co-founded several organizations including Leadership Training International and The Leadership Emergence Group International. Throughout his career he has also served in several churches as a staff pastor in areas of ministry and leadership development.
He is author of Leading and Mentoring, co-author of A Well Furnished Heart: Restoring the Spirits Place in the Leadership Classroom and awaiting publication of Leaders Without Borders.
West and his wife, Jeri, have one son.