- History and Theology of Mission
- Latin American & U.S. Hispanic Christianities
- Theology of Evangelization
- B.A. Lee University
- M.Div. Pentecostal Theological Seminary
- Th.M. Princeton Theological Seminary
- Th.D. Boston University School of Theology
Before serving the United Methodist Church as a local pastor for three years in the New England Conference, Santiago-Vendrell was an evangelist and assistant pastor of Iglesia de Dios Pentecostal in Caguas, Puerto Rico for nine years. He is also the founder of LUPUMF, an after school program for underprivileged kids in Lynn, MA.
Santiago-Vendrell is the author of Contextual Theology and Revolutionary Transformation in Latin America: The Missiology of M. Richard Shaull (Pickwick Publications, 2010) and has published articles in professional academic journals such as the International Review of Mission, Apuntes: Theological Reflections from the Hispanic Margins, Studies in World Christianity, Mission Studies, The Journal of Pentecostal Theology, and Feminist Theology.
Dr. Santiago-Vendrell and his wife, Rev. Dr. Mi Soon Im, have one son, Daniel Im Santiago.