Beeson Scholar Program
The Beeson Scholar Program is for Doctor of Ministry students. These students must be seminary graduates with a Master of Divinity, who have at least three years of experience in some form of parish ministry and have an obvious potential for leadership in the church and community. Potential scholars must have demonstrated pulpit ability and a profound love for Christ and the church.
Approximately twenty students are selected each year as Beeson Scholars. Ten of these students are domestic and 10 are International. The scholarship includes:
- 100% coverage of tuition and fees
- Reimbursement of course-related travel
- Cross-cultural immersion experiences
- Food stipend
- Begin the application process by August 1. Gather transcripts and fill out forms, including five message evaluation cards from community members.
- Submit all materials several weeks before October 1, as your entire admissions file must be complete by October 1 to be considered. You must be accepted into Asbury Theological Seminary’s general Doctor of Ministry program before you can be considered for the Beeson Scholar program.
- Potential candidates are interviewed prior to selection.
- By January 15, invitations and acceptance letters are issued. A confirmation reply is required within three weeks.
- Students matriculate to campus in July.