M.A. in Intercultural Studies
The Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies is a multidisciplinary program focused on learning about other cultures and developing skills in negotiating across cultural boundaries, both within and outside the United States. Appropriate academic disciplines for this degree include anthropology, sociology, ethics and theology.
- Interpret and analyze various cultural contexts and religious traditions using anthropological, sociological, ethical and theological resources.
- Articulate an understanding of the forces that contribute to contemporary multicultural complexity, including urbanization, globalization and decolonization.
- Integrate field experiences and interdisciplinary course materials to engage a multiplicity of cultures, values and world views.
- Articulate a biblical, Wesleyan and ethical perspective on cross-cultural mission and ministry.
- Commit to cultivate holy love of God and neighbor demonstrated by a knowledge of and practice in the Christian disciplines including works of service, with particular attention to a Wesleyan understanding of the means of grace.