M.A. in Christian Ministries
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministries degree is a professional credential designed to prepare women and men for competent leadership in specialized ministries in their faith communities. The degree seeks to develop the general theological understanding required as a basis for specialized ministries and nurture the practical abilities and skills needed for that particular ministry form.
- Demonstrate a fundamental grounding in theological studies and be able to locate their specialized vocation in the larger context of the Christian heritage and calling.
- Understand contextual and cultural dynamics related to human and ecclesial needs, modes and models of response, and relevant resources specific to settings in ministry.
- Possess specific competencies related to their areas of ministry that enable them to contribute more effectively to their faith communities and institutions.
- Practice the values inherent to learning community in which critical and constructive insight is valued and the content and dynamic aspects of specialized ministries assessed in a collegial manner.
- Commit to cultivate holy love of God and neighbor demonstrated by a knowledge of and practice in the Christian disciplines including works of service, with particular attention to a Wesleyan understanding of the means of grace.