M.A. in Christian Leadership
The Master of Arts in Christian Leadership program equips persons to function effectively in a variety of leadership positions. The program serves future leaders who are called to local church settings, para-church organizations, college student development or in the marketplace.
- Commit to cultivate holy love of God and neighbor demonstrated by a knowledge of and practice in the Christian disciplines including works of service, with particular attention to a Wesleyan understanding of the means of grace.
- Articulate and integrate knowledge of Scripture and Wesleyan theology with the study of leadership and organizational theory.
- Apply skills and competencies necessary for forming and developing leaders, leading teams and organizations, and leading change.
- Increasingly embody relational practices in regard to self and others, arising from the Trinitarian image of God in humanity.
- Demonstrate a developing passion for stewarding the mission of God through cultural and organizational analysis and contextualization in increasingly complex environments.
- Increasingly embrace the practice of adaptive leadership as they learn together with others through challenges
|MACL COURSE REQUIREMENTS||Hrs Req|
|Master of Arts Required Courses||(24)|
|BT501 Biblical Narrative||3|
|CD501 Vocation of Ministry||3|
|CH501 Church History—One||3|
|CS601 Christian Ethics||3|
|MS501 Missional Formation||3|
|NT(IBS)510 or NT(IBS)511 Ind Bib St||3|
|TH501 Basic Christian Doctrine||3|
|TH601 Theology of John Wesley||3|
|Christian Ldrshp Required Courses||(27)|
|CL605 Christian Leadership Identity||3|
|CL610 Theol of Servant Leadership||3|
|CL611 Foundations Christian Ldrshp||3|
|CL613 Theol/Prac of Equipping Laity||3|
|CL615 or CL617 Cross-cultural Leadership or Urban Leadership||3|
|CL717 Apostolic Leadership||3|
|MM514 Mentored Min in CL — One||1|
|MM614 Mentored Min in CL — Two||1|
|MM714 Mentored Min in CL — Three||1|
|Christian Leadership Electives
Choose two courses(6 Credit Hours) from the following: CL618, CL/MS621, CL622/MS722