M.A. in Christian Education
The Master of Arts in Christian Education is designed to prepare students for a vocation of nurture, formation, and life-span discipleship in parish, institutional, or cross-cultural settings. Students will be equipped to provide leadership for educational ministries that effectively seek to present everyone mature in Christ.
- Articulate a practical theology of educational ministry grounded in the biblical narrative and orthodox theology, and informed by human sciences, insights from church history, and life experience.
- Demonstrate competency in ministry practices of leadership, teaching, and to equip congregations and organizations in the making of lifelong disciples.
- Demonstrate an incarnational ministry that respects and engages diversity: the age, gender, race, tradition, culture, and context of persons.
- Demonstrate enhanced understanding of and commitment to personal and social holiness through practices of moral, personal, and spiritual formation, in a context of accountability to a community of faith, and dependence on the Spirit of Christ.
- Commit to cultivate holy love of God and neighbor demonstrated by a knowledge of and practice in the Christian disciplines including works of service, with particular attention to a Wesleyan understanding of the means of grace.