D.Min. Admission Requirements
- Application Form
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Accredited Master of Divinity degree or its educational equivalent. The educational equivalent is 75 hours of master’s-level work with 30 hours in Bible, Theology and/or Church History, including at least one completed master’s degree. Please note that equivalency can only be granted by the admissions office after the arrival of official transcripts. (3.00 / 4.00 GPA*)
- 3 years full-time ministry experience subsequent to master’s degree
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended sent to Admissions directly from the institutions
- Letter of congregational or institutional approval
- References from:
- A leading lay person in your present church
- Your immediate supervisor in ministerial appointment (e.g., your District Superintendent)
- Two colleagues
- A writing sample/research paper written within the last twelve months; criteria supplied.
- 5 Message Evaluation Cards from Community Members; Mail-back cards supplied.
- For applicants whose primary language is not English, a TOEFL score of 550 (79 internet-based) or an IELTS score of 7.
- Personal History Essay
Note: Web Access – Registration, course schedules, syllabi and much of the program’s communication is online
- Application deadlines: Typically 3 months before the applicant’s intended matriculation. Applications may be submitted online.
- Application deadline for Beeson Scholar (full-scholarship) consideration: October 1. All application requirements must be completed by this date.